That quote came from Kevin Trudeau from The Global Information Network, of which I’m a member. So I’ve asked myself, “What things have I changed, or am going to change, about my life in 2013 so I’ll get different, and hopefully better, results in 2013?” Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:
1. I’ll be starting to do Qigong twice a month (energy work similar to Tai Chi)
2. I named a theme for my year (at the suggestion of my sales coach Eric Lofholm): 2013 is the Year of Outrageous Abundance!
3. My wife suggested as a birthday present that she’d buy me 3 sessions at the gym with a trainer. I refused at first, saying that I already knew how to work out and was pretty happy with what I was doing, but then I realized that I’ve been plateaued for almost a year with no change in either my weight or my waist. So while I haven’t told her yet to get me the lessons, I’m leaning very heavily (figuratively, not literally) in that direction. As Have Eker has said, the 4 most dangerous words in the English language are “I already know that!”
4. Shifting my focus to landing large training gigs while still taking on new coaching clients. In the past I’d say my income has been about 80/20 coaching to training, and this year I’m aiming for 50/50 or even 40/60. Means I’m taking very new action steps that involve more cold and warm calling to HR departments and the VP of Sales at larger companies.
5. Building a passive income stream by enrolling people into the Global Information Network’s Affiliate/Membership Program. I’ve never worked a multi-level marketing business before so the learning curve is steep, but it’s very exciting, totally fits my value system, is easy to share, and can be extremely lucrative for the rest of my life…and my daughter’s life, and her kids’ lives (if and when she has some, which hopefully won’t be for a while!).
Well, I think that’s enough new stuff for now. After all, it is only the 2nd day of January, for crying out loud! So what are you changing in your life this year? Send me an email and let me know, and if you like my blog, please go to my website and say so! I’ve been told it helps my SEO and Google ranking, whatever the hell that means…