Probably everyone reading this has insurance of some kind: life, car, house, business, etc. And why do we buy insurance? To protect us in case something goes wrong. Of course, we hope we never have to use the insurance, and if we’re lucky, we won’t, but I think all of us would agree it’s money well spent, if for no other reason than peace of mind.
Well, what about “thought” insurance? Do you have insurance against the negative thoughts that come up in your mind (and they do, no matter how positive a person you are) that set you back, cause doubt and confusion, make you upset, etc.? Here are some examples of what I mean:
1. Reading positive books, magazines, newsletters, etc. on a daily basis
2. Subscribing to daily emails, quotes, affirmations, etc.
3. Having a “Little Voice Management System” for stopping negative mind chatter (such as saying to yourself whenever you catch yourself having a negative thought “Thank you for sharing” or “Cancel, cancel, cancel!”)
4. Only associating with positive, wonderful people (which may mean letting go of some of the current people you hang out with)
5. Attending live events that are uplifting and motivating
6. Doing daily meditation
7. Writing out affirmations or things you’re grateful for every day
You get the point, yes? So how do you insure yourself against negative thoughts and influences in your life? I’d love to hear from you about that.